More than ever, installing a new windshield in your car or truck is a job best left to professionals. That’s because in today’s vehicles, the windshield is more than just a critical part of the frame and integrity of your car. Advanced safety equipment, including cameras and sensors are embedded in the windshield and require proper installation to work.
Safety features in your windshield
Modern vehicles are loaded with safety features that rely on technology in the windshield. Consider the following possible equipment impacted by a windshield replacement:
- Blind spot monitor
- Rain sensor
- Automatic braking
- Night vision
- Automatic parking
- Lane assist
- Backup camera
- Collision avoidance system
- Drowsy driver detection
Replacing the windshield requires disconnecting and reconnecting many of these features, as well as ensuring the windshield is the right size, shape, and properly seated and secured to support this technology. In some cases, vehicles may require original equipment rather than an aftermarket part, so working with a professional who is knowledgeable about your car’s specifications is critical.
Professional windshield replacement in Akron, Cleveland
Your successful windshield replacement relies on professional installation, good quality glass, and the right amount of time. At Senneco Glass, our clients can expect the following:
- Quality auto glass – We make sure your car or truck is fitted with high quality glass that is the right size, shape and thickness, including original equipment if needed.
- Quality urethane adhesive – Our installation process includes thoroughly removing old adhesive and carefully placing your new windshield with fresh, high-quality adhesive that is right for your vehicle.
- Quality service – Your windshield replacement at our shop or where you are is completed in less than an hour and includes detailed instruction on drying time to ensure your successful installation. We suggest waiting a few hours before driving your car and at least 24 hours before closing a door without first opening a window to limit air pressure.
Auto glass service in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
Don’t guess if your windshield has been damaged or you believe it was improperly installed. Call Senneco if you:
- Have a chip or crack in your windshield. Our team can advise you on repairs or if your windshield must be replaced.
- Hear rattling noises when driving, as this could indicate your windshield is not properly set in the frame.
- You notice water seepage or hear air blowing in around the windshield frame.
- A recently installed windshield seems wavy, or light is distorted, which could mean a poor quality glass that could impact modern equipment.
At Senneco Auto Glass, our team is available for all your windshield needs for your car or truck, as well as repairs on any other window on your car or truck. Call us today!